June 22, 2012

Legend of Korra Season Finale Nails!

So you may or may not know that the season finale of the show Legend of Korra is tomorrow. If not, well, there you go! I happen to be a big fan and so the idea struck me as I was thinking of what to do with my nails. On the left hand I have the Equalists (the "bad guys," for those who don't watch the show) and on the right hand is Team Avatar/The Krew (the "good guys"). The pictures are terrible. I couldn't get a cooperative picture and the lighting was horrible, so bear with me. They look a lot better in person, but, obviously, I can't put my real nails on here. I don't even know how that would begin to work.

Equalist Hand



Amon's Mask

(Left to right) The Equalist symbol, mask, and an electric glove.

The Lieutenant's electrified stick/wand thing? I don't know what it's actually called. XD

This hand was done with mostly acrylics. The Amon and Equalist symbol hand had a base coat of a pale grey polish brand called Cosmetic Arts. It didn't have an actual name for the color, and I don't think any of their polishes do (I have three. I found them at a Ross store for about a dollar each. No clue where else you'd find them). The electric glove was supposed to show the actual hand part, but it proved very difficult to paint, especially with my limited abilities. :p So I just put the glowing center with some lines for the palm instead. And the electrified stick/wand... well, I can't paint electricity either. 

 Team Avatar/The Krew Hand
 The signature Airbender arrow (in the Avatar State)
 The bending brothers, represented by Mako's scarf and Bolin with his circus master/Wang Fire mustache.
 Korra's hair, with my best interpretation of her hair bands/wraps(?).
And this is another electric glove, for Asami. I tried to do her hair, but it's too flawless and I messed it up too many times.

This hand has a base coat of the same Cosmetic Arts polish on all fingers. It is pretty messy, but I had to do it with my non-dominant hand, so it turned out pretty well for that! Again, the same note goes for the glove as the other hand. It would have been impossible to do the whole glove with my left hand. Also, the light blue is another a Cosmetic Arts color. It's really similar to a Revlon color called Minted.

I have to say, I think I like the Equalist hand more. :p Besides the flop with all things electric, I really like how the other fingers turned out. I love the arrow and scarf nails, too, though. Anyway, if these nail designs meant nothing to you, sorry, you'll have to wait just a bit longer for something more generally appealing. XD I spent about 2 hours on these, so I'm fairly proud of them at any rate. It's always a good day when you break out the acrylics. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)