July 4, 2012

4th of July Nails

For the 4th of July, I have some nails to celebrate the American Independence day! I know it's kind of a location-specific design, if you know what I mean, but I hope you'll enjoy them anyway.



For the stripes, I used strips of tape that took forever to cut into reasonably similar sizes. Seriously, I hate working with tape, but I love the clean lines, so it's a dilemma. I haven't had any opaque white polish in a long time (I always grab sheer polishes by mistake; it's a curse), so I used a gold (though I'd been planning to the whole time, so the white wasn't really necessary). Since doing a ton of mini stars would have been a pain, I just used a bobby pin to make little silver dots instead. 

Colors used:
Gold- Next CEO by Nicole OPI
Silver (dots on thumb)- Unnamed color by Cosmetic Arts brand polish
Red- Color So Hot It Berns by the OPI Irre-Swiss-Ables mini collection
Blue- Yodel Me On My Cell by the same collection above. 

As a side note about Yodel Me On My Cell, it's a very very sheer color, or at least it was for me. It took four very thin coats to reach full opacity, but I absolutely love the color. It's much brighter than it looks in the bottle, but it's really gorgeous. It's a bit of a bright turquoise-tealish color as opposed to the dark shimmery blue it looks like in the bottle. I really love the whole mini collection though, and I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for some nice intense colors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)