July 30, 2012

China Glaze Optical Illusion

Hello! Today I am super excited for this post because I have recently fallen in love with this polish. It is called Optical Illusion by China Glaze. I found it at a Sally's beauty store a few months ago. It comes from the Prismatic collection, and the price was very affordable. I picked up Optical Illusion, a lovely teal color (though it looks super silvery in these pictures, it really is very blue in person).


This polish doesn't need a base color, as it completely covers the nail in a good two coats. I have three on, but there isn't much difference between two or three coats. 

Believe me when I say I am not a glitter person. I absolutely loathe even the idea of having to take glitter polishes off, and I usually find them way too 'glitz and glam' for my style. But this one, I am just enamored with. Optical Illusion has a gorgeous teal base with purple, blue, yellow, and a few orange/red glitter pieces. It's really a shame the teal doesn't show up so well in pictures because it is a stunning shade. 


I have to say that it was so much fun photographing this color. It catches the light so well, and the texture looks lovely. Even though my photography skills are far from amazing (as if there's a need for evidence), I managed to get a few decent pictures. 


Another great thing about this color is that I think it would look great year round. The brightness of it is great for summer, the shade of blue is perfectly wintery, it would make a great statement to liven up spring, and even in fall it would make a nice pop of color. The picture of the bottle above is pretty close to how it is in person, except it's much more vibrant than the picture.


Overall, this is a great polish. The formula was good, not too thin but not super thick either. It applies really smoothly as well and it's a very affordable polish that could be worn all year. The only problem is how hard it's going to be to take off! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)