August 1, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 1- Red

I've finally started the 31 Day Nail Challenge. I'm pretty excited for it; hopefully it'll really bring out some nice designs. Pretty much every nail blogger has done this challenge, but I hope you'll forgive me for being so unoriginal.

So today's entry is red! To tell you the truth, I had done a design for red, but the color, which looked really coral-y in bottle, turned out far more orange, and so I'm going to save it for Day 2. So I went to do red, and I really don't wear it that much (I only have two bottles of red nail polish, can you believe it?!), so this day I felt very uninspired. I picked up some silver and black and planned on doing simple polka dots, when the idea hit me: braided nails!




I'd seen this look around a few times, and I'd watched a video tutorial on it a while ago and thought I'd definitely have to try it out sometime, and since I had no other idea what to do, I decided to go for it. I don't think it turned out horribly, though it could definitely be improved. The colors you use really make a difference in this design, but I think these worked pretty okay. 

I really really actually like this design and you can definitely expect to see it again during this challenge. It just looks so nice if done well, and the simplicity of it is super nice too. It's really a pretty fun design, and not something that should take too many tries to master. 

Day 1, pretty successful. Let's just hope the rest of the challenge goes as well! 

Color List:
Red- Hot Topic (no name)
Black- Black Ice by Pure Rage
Silver- Metal Head by Icing 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)