August 20, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day19-Galaxy!

Galaxy nails! I love galaxy nails! I thought today was water marbling (something I've only done, like, once) and thought,"Well maybe I'll do tomorrow's design today and do water marbling tomorrow." Turns out I didn't even have to! Oh it was such a lovely surprise.

I usually go for the blue/pink/purple look for galaxies, because I only have a glitter topcoat the works for galaxies in a blue/purple shade, but I really wanted to do a more 'fiery' look this time. I don't think fiery was the right word. But like a red-ish galaxy. That's what I wanted. 


I really really enjoyed how these came out. They took way longer than usual, because I kept adding more layers, but I think the final result turned out pretty nicely. I added some white dots for stars instead of glitter and I think it worked way better that way. There are also some yellow dots too but they blend in. I also added some body shimmer dust but you really can't see that except really subtly and not in these pictures. It really wasn't worth mentioning but it's too late now.

I thought that I couldn't love anything more than the blue/pink/purple galaxies.I thought wrong.

Colors Used:
Unnamed black polish, Fantasy Makers 
Unnamed red polish, Hot Topic
Lime Green, Cos Bar (Target brand)
Shine of the Times, Essie
Next CEO, Nicole by OPI
Yellow and Satin White stripers, Art Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)