August 27, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 26-Inspired by a Pattern

So I was thinking about patterns and I didn't want to do anything simple. Typical me, I was... over ambitious, to say the least. I chose a blue chine plate pattern to do because I am a self-sabotaging person.

Yeah they don't quite look like any china plate I've seen, but.. well I tried, okay? They look very reminiscent of whatever day yellow was the challenge, don't they? That's what I kept thinking. The paint brush I was using was different than usual and man it was so difficult. 

(Left hand)

(Right hand)
Okay, can I just say that I am sorry to any left handed photographers? Cameras were not built for left handed people. I am right handed, and trying to get a picture of my right hand is absolutely ridiculous. There were about two un-shaky pictures. But back to the nails. I tried to add some birds, if you're wondering what the big navy blobs are. And flowers... well the brush sucked so bad. I'm blaming it on that.


That was what I used as a reference/inspiration, by the way. I was... mildly okay with this look? Kinda disappointed. I had such high hopes, with so little skill. Tomorrow's (well, today's actually, it's 1:30am right now) look I am so excited to post though. I already have it on and just love it so much. I'll probably do these for the 'recreate your favorite challenge' day, and wear them for my (sigh) back to school week. Not looking forward to that.

Colors Used:
French White Tip, NYC
Black and blue acrylic paint






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)