August 30, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 30-Inspired by a Tutorial

One day left! There is one day left of this challenge! I remember all way back to day one, where I accidentally never used the right color. Oh, memories. But anyways, I have been so excited for this day. I've known what I wanted to do for the past few days, and I am not at all disappointed in it. I present to you: sugar coated nails!

This first picture is right after applying the sugar, before adding a top coat. I used plain white nail polish and table sugar. I'd seen a tutorial using salt, but I wasn't sure how I felt mixing acetone and salt. Plus, sugar opens up so many 'sweet nails' puns! And that is so worth it. Puns are always worth it.

These have really got me itching to try using flocking powder for that 'fluffy' nail look. Textured nails are just... just so good, man. They're so good. 

This is the nails after top coat. It doesn't look too different in pictures, but in real life they end up looking more transparent, and less 'sugary'. It still looks really cool though, and plus, it'll last longer (not super long term though, obviously), so it's worth it. 

The only color I used (besides base and top coat- which I've already gone through half a bottle of, and I'd just bought it this month!) was a Sally Hansen Insta-Dri white. The little name sticker appears to be missing, but it's just plain white polish.

The tutorial is found here

Are you excited for the last day of this challenge? I am. While I've loved doing this challenge, I'm ready for some freedom. Plus, I've been dying to do some swatches and reviews.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)