August 22, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 22-Inspired by a Song

Inspired by a song was a tiny bit easier than inspired by a color. I opened up my music library and for some reason the first thing to pop into mind was "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. It started off well enough but ended a disaster, and I'll leave it at that. Then, for no real reason, "Blueberry Kisses" by Lady Gaga played in my head. And I thought "Hey, blueberry nail art would be awesome. Let's throw in some mouths too, even though I suck at them." And.. well, here it is.

This had turned out pretty okay. Until I put on the top coat. And all the lips smudged and now it looks tragic. So that's... exceptionally disappointing. But whatever. I still like the concept. Execution? I'd give it maybe a mid-grade mark.

See I'm really proud of the thumb. I think that one turned out great. And it hardly smudged. But the rest, well, they disappoint. Also tomorrow's challenge will also be disappointing, since I am going to be babysitting and there's not a lot of time for nail art then. 

Colors Used:
French White Tip, NYC
Really Rosy, Revlon
Essie's Matte-About-You top coat
A blue acrylic paint



3 comments:

  1. I had the same issue with my song day nails. Seems like red nail polish and matte top coat don't mix very well. (I also did kisses, different song though.)

    And you freehanded the kisses? Mad props! I wasn't confident enough to do that and broke out the Konad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I've been aching to try out Konad for ages! There've been some awesome designs using them.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment! :)