August 13, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 13-Animal print(s!)

Animal print. I was wary of today. At first, all I could think of was some boring old leopard print, so typical. But then it hit me. Instead of animal print, why not animal prints?

Not gonna lie, these have to be my favorite nails from the whole challenge so far. I love the animal tracks look, and the simple color scheme really adds to the 'authentic' feel, I think. Some of the paw shapes were a tad tricky to get down, but using paint instead of polish really helped in that respect (no need to completely start over!). 

On the thumb we have a bear paw, deer hoof on the index finger, cougar/mountain lion/puma print on the middle finger, wolf paw on the ring finger, and a bird print on the pinkie. The cougar was so hard to get down, let me tell you. The subtle 'm' shape would just not come out right. I hope they're all distinguishable from each other; I know all the paw prints are super similar. But it was a nice learning experience! All in all, I think this was a successful day and I'm going to be so sad to take these off.

Also... have I finally caught up to the right day? It's the 13th, isn't it? It is. Yes! I promise I will really try my best to get back on track. I always just take the pictures and end up procrastinating. But no, no excuses anymore. Time to stay on track.

Colors Used:
Unnamed Cosmetic Arts polish
Black acrylic paint



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)