August 7, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 7- Black & White

Woo! We're officially one week into this challenge! How exciting! Also we're FINALLY DONE WITH THE COLORS! Well the basic colors, anyway. I can't even tell you how glad I am. Not that I didn't enjoy it, it's just that I prefer a more direct challenge besides just a color or whatever. So black and white. I had thought for a few days I was going to do a half moon with some lace around it. Classy, elegant, very feminine and whatnot. But instead I did something entirely different.

Skulls! I can't tell you how much I love skulls, or skeletons as a whole. What brought about this idea is that I was looking up tattoo ideas (I'm planning on getting my first next spring, for my birthday, and I could not be more excited) and I was browsing through skeleton poses/figures/etc. when I remembered that the day's challenge was black and white and skulls are perfect for this! And I tried to make bones as a French tip sorta thing, but eh, they didn't turn out so exceptionally well. Oh well. 

I really liked having this on. Something about black nails, with the right nail length, makes everything seem so elegant. To me, anyways. I feel like I can't pull off a full on black nail when my nails are grown long because my fingers are super thin and it does not look flattering. But the skulls and bones helped to even it out a bit. 

I wish I'd done the bones better, because they are an absolute mess. It would have made me love this even more than I already do. This was way better than lace. We can save that for another day. Also I only just noticed I've been labeling these '31 Day Challenge' instead of '31 Day Nail Challenge.' It's such a small difference, and even though this is obviously a nail blog, that bothers me so much. >.<

Colors used:
Black, Fantasy Makers
French White Tip, NYC




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)