August 27, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 25-Inspired by Fashion

Fashion was today's inspiration challenge. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for the day, since I hadn't done much preparation the day before. I flipped through a few pages of a magazine and came across a picture that had some colors I really liked and thought, "Well hey, why not use this." And so I did.



I'll put in the inspiration picture below:

I think it's pretty clear what was the inspiration. It was the lady in the dead center, black top, wine colored pants, for those of you still confused. My sister just got a gorgeous new polish color that I've been dying to use, and it just so happened to work well into this look. I liked how 'straightforward' I guess, this outfit was? I liked the lines of it, if that makes any sense. 
I made some modified French tips (I think there's a special name for these, but it escapes me) and it would have been great if I'd have used tape to make them perfectly straight but hey, I didn't, and they look decent at least. I liked this look, and the red color. I love that red color, man.

Colors Used:
Wined Up, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Fast Track, China Glaze
Fantasy Makers black polish




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)