August 30, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 29-Inspired by the Supernatural

Oh man. I can't even tell you how much I had to contemplate the design for today's challenge. I was at a complete loss, and I was about to give in and do some simple ghosts, or some skulls (though I wasn't sure if the technically counted as 'supernatural'?) when it came to me. Zombies! I'd done zombie look around last Halloween and absolutely loved it. I did basically the same thing, but with a different background.

I don't have any clue where the colors came from. It came out as more of a 'pastel zombie' look if anything. I don't know why, but I guess I convinced myself in the middle of the night that I had a greenish-grey creme color, even though any other moment of the day I know for a solid fact I have no such thing. So I ended up using a silver base and sponging on some purple, green, and brown. I wish I would have used brown as the base. Or a green I honestly have no idea why I went with silver. I just picked up the bottle and went, "Yup, this is exactly what I want."

I remember when I first did this look, I had such a problem with the little stitching details. Looking back, I don't know why. They're basically a tiny swipe of a paint brush, or even a toothpick. Really, past me, what were you even doing. The only thing I don't like about these is the color. I really still can't even fathom why I thought silver was the best base color. 

But as a side note, I found an NYC matte top coat for under $2 the other day, and in comparison to Essie's matte top coat, I'd say it's decent competition. After the nail challenge ends (in just 2 days!!!), I'm definitely going to do a comparison on both top coats. 

Colors Used:
Unnamed Cosmetic Arts polish in a silver and brown
Spontaneous, China Glaze
Minted, Revlon
NYC Matte Me Crazy matte top coat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)