August 4, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 3- Yellow

Sorry this post is a day late. I had the pictures uploaded and everything, I just never got around  to editing them! Yesterday was a day highly saturated with procrastination (which was unfortunate for both this blog, and writing- any other Camp NaNo-ers out there?).

Now, yellow. Yellow is not a color that really suits me, and I don't have a single yellow polish. I had a really bright orange-y yellow polish that I was going to use and add a layer of a sheer white over, in the hopes of a miracle, but I couldn't get it opened. So I brought out some paint and had a very vague idea in my head that completely failed once I put brush to nail. I had hoped to do an intricate-y looking pattern of swirls in a dark brown on the yellow, but instead, trees. Trees happened. I don't know how or why but once I started to do a swirl, it turned into a branch. But I kinda liked it and there wasn't any going back, so I went with it.



Upside down it doesn't really look like branches, does it? No, not really. But right side up it... kinda does? 


For my sake, please say yes. The thumb, pictured in the bubble, is the best one I think. The paint brush I was using made it all very difficult. It wasn't as fine pointed as I'd hoped and so it made thick, even lines instead of thin, gradually smaller ones (like in the far right of the thumb picture). 

Day 3, I'm not sure whether to call it a success or failure. While it wasn't as bad as it could have been, there have certainly been waaaay better entries. What can I say? Yellow isn't my color. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)