August 5, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 4-Green

Green was an interesting day for me. I have a scarce amount of green polishes (I think my collection is about half just blues and purples) so it was about as difficult as yellow's day to come up with something. At first, I tried to do a lime green (which actually was more on the yellow side, go figure) with black and blue crackles over it, but it turned out so horribly I could not bare to let it slide. So instead, I took a look at my polishes and said: I am going to try out some fish scales!

I mean, since it's green, I'm going to say it's snake skin instead of fish scales, because it could totally pass, right? Right. I did my thumb first and it took a while so I decided to add some plain accent nails instead of doing the whole hand. It probably turned out better that way than it would have if I'd done all of them snake scales. 

I really liked how these came out. They look fairly decent, and if I'd actually taken the time to slow down and do them nicely, they could look really really good. Pro tip: stick to one metallic. I used a gold and silver, but they really blend into each other. Also try to use at least five colors if you can, because four makes each color stand out less.

Colors used:
Dark green- Agro by China Glaze
Lime green- Lime Green, Target brand
Silver- Metal Head by Icing
Gold- Next CEO by Nicole by OPI




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)