August 25, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 24-Inspired by a Book

Inspired by a book sounded easy in concept. I have a nice collection of books that I love; but creating a nail theme around just one? Easier said than done. Well, for me anyways, it's probably way easier for most people, but hush hush now. So I thought about it. I'd done Hunger Games inspired nails before, and loved how they turned out, but I didn't want to just redo a design. So I took a different aspect from the wonderful trilogy to translate into nail art: forests.


Yup. Those are trees. Trees played a big part in The Hunger Games; at least the first book. My leaf technique is... lacking, to say the least. But I don't actually have any skills painting them, okay? I usually draw trees bare. But I did get some compliments on these today, so I feel it was at least a mild success.

I feel like the grass part is a little too high; I didn't mean to make it that high up but once the polish is down, it's kinda hard to take it back. I added the yellow paint mostly because I didn't have any white to make a lighter green, and I needed some contrast. It was..a somewhat good thing? I think it gave it a certain depth to it. Also, the base color, Fast Track, is so great. It's like the perfect nude shade for my skin tone, even though it has a ton of gold shimmer in it. It's from the China Glaze Hunger Games collection, which I wish I had more of, because the ones I do have are so excellent. I used Agro again, and I also have a shade called Riveting, which I'll hopefully get to use soon. It's a bright, bright red-orange with yellow flecks in it, so it might be a bit difficult. Whatever. We'll see what we can do.

Colors Used:
Fast Track, China Glaze
Agro, China Glaze
Green, black, and yellow acrylic paint


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)