August 14, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 14-Flowers

Flowers are always a nice design, especially when it comes to nail art. But floral prints can be so overdone, you know? For today I decided to do something simple, but effective. I'd had it in my mind a while now, and I'm fairly pleased with how it came out with.

I painted some tulips on my nails with a minty green background. The stems and grass look really really dark, unfortunately, but the green I was using wasn't as bright as I'd thought it would be. I'm glad with how bright the actual flower part is though. I think this would look nice with a white background and some yellow and pink tulips too. It'd be nice in spring instead of the usual floral prints.

These were freehanded with some acrylic paint. They're clearly not the most amazing tulips ever painted, but, hey, they're at least identifiable, right? I hope so. 

Colors Used:
Minted, Revlon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)