August 10, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 8- Metallics

Heh, so I'm a bit late again, aren't I? I'd like to say I was bust, or under the weather, or some other valid excuse but no, I was mostly just lazy and didn't feel like editing pictures/writing up a post. I'd also like to say I'll try not to do it again but who am I kidding, probably I will do it again, we're only 10 days into this thing. 

But aside from that, metallics! I was pretty excited for this one, because I do love a nice metallic shade, but then I realized I only really had a few silvers, a gold, and a purple metallic to work with. Originally I did a gold nail with glitter flakies, but it was just so boring I couldn't bare to pose it (though it pained me to waste all that gold polish; I''m more than halfway through Next CEO by OPI, one of my favorite polishes ever, and I'd hate to be out of it). So after some contemplation, I thought, "Hey, why not half moons?"

As you can see, I used Sunset Orange by Rimmel again. I can't help it! I've fallen in love with this polish! There's not a doubt in my mind that you'll be seeing it again soon (because I'm totally not wearing it right now, heh). Then I added a silver polish, since I thought the colors contrasted nicely.

I really dig half moons. Simple, yet still so pleasing and versatile. As you can see, mine's a bit messy in a few places, but overall it didn't come out too shabby. I'll hopefully get to doing some more interesting designs soon because I feel like it's been such a boring challenge so far. 

Colors Used:
Sunset Orange, Rimmel
Silver Sweep, Sally Hansen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)