August 7, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 6- Violet

I think it's been a nearly everyday occurrence so far in this challenge that the color I applied turned out to be... not quite the color hoped for. So violet came, and I was so pumped because I have tons of purples to choose from. I had my idea all in mind, and I was so positive that my color was actually purple. But.. no. It turned out reddish. Disappointed, I tried to fix it because I really didn't want to change me whole design, so I added the most sheer purple color over it and said, "You know what, close enough. I'll just call it red violet." And so I did.

As you can see, they aren't super purple, but they aren't super red either. They would have been if I hadn't added the purple overcoat though. The color I used always reminds me of beetles, and even though I hate insects of all varieties, I really wanted to capture these little buggers in all their glory. 

I'd done this design once before, like a while ago, and it turned out pretty well then too. I layered the purple/reddish shade over black, but I really should have gone with white so it would actually look purple. Also my ring finger is a mess; it got a bit chipped, see, and I didn't remember to fix it. Oops. My bad.

Fun little tid bit: their eyes glow in the dark! I found some glow in the dark polish at an outlet mall once for under two dollars, plus it came with a black polish and some nail guides I've been meaning to test out. Talk about a deal! 

Colors used:
Awakening, China Glaze
Fantasy Makers, Black
Fantasy Makers, Glow In Dark (not Glow In the Dark, Just Glow In Dark. Yeah I don't know.)
French White Tip, NYC





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)