August 17, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 17-Glitter

Ahh, glitter. Your best friend that stabs you in the back. That's not harsh. That's words from anyone taking off glitter nail polish. When I first read the day's challenge, I was excited. Then immediately apprehensive. Glitter nail polish is awesome. It's gorgeous. But it adheres to nails like super glue. A common complaint, but not at all a hyperbole.
I tried to do a gradient with the glitters. But, they turned out to not really stick out against each other as well as they seemed to in the bottle. A real shame, you know? At the tips I have a teal glitter, and at the bottom is a dark blue. I guess you can kinda see that the tips and bottom are different colors, but it's not really an "ohh, that's definitely a gradient" kind of experience. 

I really like both of these glitters. Just... on their own. Together, they don't do the other (or themselves) any justice. 

Colors Used:
Optical Illusion, China Glaze
Simmer & Shimmer, OPI
Blue Steel, Fresh Paint (as a base color)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)