August 12, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 11-Polka Dots

I can't even begin to tell you how much of a pain this day was. Polka dots. I think out of all the days, I was least looking forward to these. Just.. polka dots! I could not for the life of me think of something interesting. I tried to do half white/half red nails with a black strip between them with a little lace design, and have little dots between the lace, based loosely off of two other semi-similar designs I'd done before, but it was just... just a tragedy. In desperation, I did a lady bug design, but it was so so so unoriginal I couldn't bare to leave them on. After I took pictures of them, I started putting on a new purple color, and then thought "this would make an excellent gradient" and then after that I had a major epiphany and thought "MATTE POLKA DOTS."

Sorry for how messy these are; I didn't intend for them to become the day's design, and also I was sick of redoing like a million designs (as evident in the slightly stained fingers). I wanted to take the pictures before it got dark out and I lost the natural lighting. 

I'd say these are way better than lady bugs. They definitely aren't the most creative or impressive design, but you know I was absolutely sick of polka dots by the end of the day. Still am, actually. Maybe I'll redo this challenge in like a year from now and see if I've improved. We can only hope. 

Bonus picture of the ladybugs because they could have been cute, yet unbearably unoriginal. 

Colors Used:
Spontaneous, China Glaze
The Parking Meteor Expired, Spoiled
Matte About You, Essie

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)