October 16, 2012

Grunge Nails

After a short hiatus born out of sheer laziness, I finally bring to you a post. I've had the pictures for these (and so, so many others I have to get to) for absolutely ages.


 I started off with a base of a Sinful Colors polish, because it looked so pretty in bottle and I just wanted to see it. It was lovely, but then I didn't really have an idea of what to do with it. So I thought for a while, and then a somewhat trendy look popped into mind. The one where you put a bunch of colors on, top coat it, cover it in black, then rub some of the black polish off with acetone? Yeah, that one. I like to call them grunge nails. I took a bit too much polish off the tips, as you can see, but I think it adds to the effect.

I used a Q-tip to take off the black, but a really dry paint brush is recommended. I did this look once before with a green and pink, and they looked very 'acid erosion' inspired. It's a neat design that doesn't take very long, plus it's almost foolproof. You're taking off half of the design, how can you really mess up that badly?

Colors Used:
Soul Mate, Sinful Colors
Light Green, Love & Beauty
Spontaneous, China Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)