September 23, 2012

Duochrome Week: Day 5- Love & Beauty Blue/Green

As the first Duochrome Week comes to an end, we part with a recently reviewed polish: Love & Beauty's Blue/Green. I want to rename this so badly, but I can't think of a well-fitting name. But anyways, this polish really surprised me. I kinda used it as a last resort, but I am so so glad that I did.

Blue/Green (can't stand that name!) is a sort of top coat. It could be used on its own to achieve a sheer teal shimmer look, but to get the color closest to that in the bottle, it's best to used a base color. I put this over Spoiled's 2 Weeks Sober (and I have no clue how that name makes sense at all), a nice blue toned purple creme. It turned out to be the perfect base for this color, because it looks almost exactly like it does in the bottle now and I am so pleased with it. The design, well, I'm not really sure what it is. I started out thinking I was going to do little flowers but then they turned into kind of plus signs? It looks vaguely tribal, and partially galaxy-colored, and this look just feels so hipster to me, yet I love it. Except the ring finger, where the black plus signs are crooked. That bothers me a ton, but I didn't feel like redoing it, so we'll just have to live with it. 




(These last two pictures are to try and show the purple shimmer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)