September 17, 2012

Duochrome Week! Day 1: China Glaze, Reggae to Riches

I have some very exciting news. As of this day, the third week of September, it is officially Duochrome Week. Why? Because duochromes are awesome and deserve their own week. It'll go from today (Monday) until Friday, featuring a different duochrome (obviously) each day. Should be fun!

We start off this marvelous week with a polish that my mom bought, actually. I've wanted to try it out for a while, but it's not a shade I really am fond of wearing. But I'd hear such excellent reviews of it, I just had to try it (and coincidentally, it's the polish that inspired Duochrome Week).



China Glaze Reggae To Riches is a magenta polish with blue/purple shimmer. The duochrome is very strong in this one, though you have to really catchy the base magenta color on an angle (which I'm quite fond of). When I was wearing this, I couldn't help but think, "Wow, this color is really an attention-getter." Not a bad thing, of course, it's definitely a fun shade and has that certain 'glam' factor, but it's not a color I, personally, would wear to often. (I don't think it complements me very well. :P) As far as application goes, it was perfectly up to par with China Glaze's fairly great formulas.



I also decided to try Spoiled's Trust Fund Baby over this. TFB is my all time favorite glitter top coat. The colors just go so well- and the subtle black glitters make it so sophisticated, in a way. Over black, this polish just looks like a party. There's no other way to describe it. You have to try it out to know what I mean. Over Reggae To Riches, the pink glitter gets a little lost, but the other colors look great over it. 



Thumbnail swatch:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)