September 19, 2012

Duochrome Week: Day 2-Paying With Platinum

So I'm behind a day, but it's alright you know, I can catch up tomorrow. Just.. try not to expect too much promptness. But back to Duochrome Week! Today I have a polish that I've had for forever, but haven't tried because for some reason I thought that it wasn't going to look as good on the nail as it did in bottle. I don't know why I thought that, but for the longest time I did. And I regret that. Because it is amazing.

Paying With Platinum is a Spoiled brand polish that I found at CVS for under $2, I think. This was the first duochrome that I ever bought, if I recall correctly. Oh, memories.. It is a metallic shade that shifts from a bright lavender-ish  purple to an olive toned green. They get way way way more purple than these photos show. It was really such an intense color, I have no idea how it didn't pick up. I tried catching it from every angle, but it just wouldn't pick up. There's a faint lavender tone in the first picture, but it gets far more vibrant than that. 



This shade is truly so amazing. I did a butterfly wing design over it later (pictures will be added tomorrow) and it's the perfect shade. Something about it seemed... magical. It would make a great fairy/dragonfly wing shade I bet. The brush is.. typical Spoiled. Horrible and hard to work with. The formula was great though, so if you don't mind the troublesome brushes, or even if you do really, I would look out for this polish. 

Edit!
And here is the actual look I did with this color: Butterfly nails! Some of my personal favorite designs, though I'm far from a master at them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)