September 15, 2012

Forever 21/Love & Beauty Polish Swatches

So I finally am bringing to you the swatches from the Forever 21 nail polishes. There are six shades here: Brown/Gold, Sunset Gold, Baby Pink, Natural/Pink, Light Green, and Blue/Green. The names are horrible. Descriptive, I guess, but horrible nonetheless. I put two colors on per hand, because I had six, and using that much acetone didn't appeal to me. Anyways, without further ado, let's get on to these colors.

From front to back: Brown/Gold, Sunset Gold, Blue/Green.

From front to back: Light Green, Natural/Pink, Baby Pink

We're starting off with the two shimmery colors that featured in the post previous to this. To the left is Brown/Gold, a coppery color (or, brown-ish gold, one could say). To the right is Sunset Gold, a really intense yellow in person, not so much 'gold' gold, you know? It's still a great color, and very reminiscent of sunsets.

Both of these colors are very sheer at the first coat, but become much more opaque at the second coat. I'd recommend three, just to even it all out. The formula was great, easy to work with, and didn't run too much, though it can be a little liquid-y.


Next up are Baby Pink on the left, a very pale, almost white pink jelly-esque color, and Natural/Pink to the right, a somewhat mauve (possibly?), darker, more neutral toned pink creme. 

I wanted to love these two so badly. The colors, in bottle were amazing. But Baby Pink was so freaking sheer. I layered it over white, and you could hardly tell there was supposed to be any color there. I put about three really really thick layers on their own, but it was just too much polish to be practical. I doubt it would even ever get dry enough to wear. I'm not sure what I'll do with it. It's the perfect pink to me, but it's just too sheer. 

Now Natural/Pink was a different story. I have never seen a formula quite like this one. In a bad way. In a really bad way. In the first coat, it is kinda thick. But not in an unworkable way. That comes in the way it dries. It gets little patches as it dries, kind of like the way water dries on a table (not as extreme as that, but you get the point. It's not good). In the second coat it gets a little better, but it can still get a bit patchy. What I really liked about this was the color. The color came out really well, and the finish wasn't anything I'd really seen before (and this time in a good way). I think it was almost a satin-y finish?  


Last up are Light Green, a perfectly spring colored green creme, and Blue/Green, a blue and purple duochrome shimmer in a blue tinted base. 

Light Green has the same kind of formula as Natural/Pink had, but I don't think it was quite as bad in this one. The color is just so perfect to me. Mint has been an increasingly popular color for a while now, but this is just slightly off mint, and more of a fresh, spring green. I feel like I can pardon the formula for the color. It's just so good!

Blue/Green was not what I was expecting it to be when I bought it. I though it was going to have a more opaque base, and be a standalone duochrome polish. But as you can see on my pinkie (layered over white), that is not the case. It's sheer, but I could imagine you could get it somewhat opaque, though the color would be far from what the bottle advertises. Over black, the purple and blue shimmer is very evident, though the 'green' advertised in the name isn't apparent. You can see a bit of green around the edges of the bottle though. It would probably look great layered over a bunch of different polishes, like purples or blues or emerald hues. 


Overall, I have mixed feelings about these polishes. The shimmers I was overall happy with, and they had perfectly easy to work with formulas, but the cremes really bothered me with the way they had little patches at the first coat. The colors are great though, so I would contemplate buying more. And then there's Baby Pink. Such great color in bottle; didn't translate well on nail. 

Here are the sample colors, to be added to a 'Swatches' page soon:
 

 


1 comment:

  1. thank u for the swatches! i love the brown one and i'm going to get it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! :)