September 5, 2012

Fiery Gradient

Today I have a nice gradient to show. To say that I am completely in love with it is an understatement. I've been wearing it for about four, five days now (the longest I've worn the same look since probably June!), and I still catch myself staring. Without further rambling on my part, here is my fire-inspired gradient:

Also, guess what? I've officially started watermarking my pictures because it feels so... official that way. As you can tell, I'm still working on the placement/opacity/etc. I'll work it out eventually (well, hopefully anyways). 


I'd picked up a few colors at Forever 21 (okay well five, don't judge me, they were under $3, and I'd been eyeing them forever) and as I saw two next to each other, I knew they'd make a perfect match. I used a wine color as the base, with a copper shimmer and gold shimmer for the gradient. The gold is at the tips, with copper in the middle. The two transitioned seamlessly into each other; it's quite magical, really. Here are some pictures displaying (or at least trying to) how great these colors are.


They are ten times more dramatic in person, and have such a warm, fiery glow. I just keep thinking how festive they feel, and they remind me of New Years so much. I love a good gradient, and this one did not disappoint. 

And I have so many swatches I want to do. I know I have six Love & Beauty polishes, two Sinful Colors, and at least one China Glaze and Revlon polishes. I'll probably start swatching a few... tomorrow, that is. Should be fun.

Colors Used:
Wined Up, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Gold/Brown (yes, that is the actual name), Love & Beauty
Sunset Gold, Love & Beauty 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)